Friday, June 8, 2012

Time to Worship

Alright here's the low-down on Spiritual Session #1:

We had a big overview of the theme for the summer: Here I Am to Worship.

We talked about what it means to worship, where/when we worship, and how we worship. I'm going to share a couple of the examples we came up with for each.

I. What is worship?
Worship is praising and adoration. Worship is NOT for self gain. It is NOT for yourself. It is for the Lord. We worship to please Him. Worship is not a part of our life, it IS our life.
II. When do we worship?
A good point was brought up when this question was asked. I think there is a fine line between when we worship and when we should worship. On any given situation, I think it would be fair to say that an average Christian would agree that they worship on Sundays or when they are specifically out doing God's work. In reality though, we as Christians should constantly be worshiping. From that comes the question of how though? How do we constantly worship our God?
III. How do we worship?
Gosh, there are so many ways! Through song, prayer, serving others, acts of kindness, etc.

So there you have it, a little peek into our discussion this evening. Besides worship, we also talked about how important it is to stay constant in our knowledge of the Word. Personally this is something I want to work on over the summer. I want to become more grounded in my faith through the Bible because I know that it is a guide to my life and it is the light unto my path. This saying really hit home with me tonight:

"The heart cannot love what the mind does not know." -Unknown

I need to better equip my mind with the knowledge of my faith so that my heart can fully love my God and others. With that I challenge myself to dive further into the Word.


what does worship mean to you?
how do you worship?


I'd love to hear your thoughts :)

p.s. at the end of most of my posts about the spiritual aspect of my journey this summer, I will make a point to link to a separate document with bible verses that were of particular notice to me. I invite you to look them up and read along with me! and please, as always, I'd love to hear your opinions and insights.

Bible Verses <------- here's the link for tonight

night all!
-Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment