Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Snacking

Over the past year I've worked really hard to get to know my body better and to figure out an eating system that works for me. I've come to the conclusion that I am A SNACKER! I've learned how to eat healthier and with that came eating more wholesome foods. By doing this my meals fill me up quicker, and I end up not being able to eat as much at one sitting as I used to eat. I get full faster, so naturally my hunger comes back quicker, which turns out to not be a total bad thing. Solution: snack!

Pros to snacking:

1. Keeps my energy going throughout the day
2. Keeps my metabolism up as well
3. Overall, puts me in a better mood

In order to help with #2 on my summer goals list, I've decided I need to go to camp prepared. I need to bring healthy snacks that I can keep in my cabin and stash in my backpack during the day so that when I get hungry or when everyone else is snacking on something else, I'll have a healthy option for myself that I'll feel good about! I headed to Sprouts today to start a stash for the summer.

Here's what I came out with:



  • clif bars (5 different flavors to mix it up)
  • single serving almond butter to eat on a slice of bread, with a banana, or an apple
  • natural "everything" trail mix from the bulk section at Sprouts (only 140 calories per serving!)
  • jar of chia seeds to put in yogurt and in my oatmeal
  • (not pictured: kashi cinnamon cereal for an alternate breakfast option and almond crisp crackers)
Here's to a healthy summer y'all!

-Amy

What healthy snacks to you eat?



No comments:

Post a Comment